Petition for US Election Integrity
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? ~Thomas Jefferson, 1787
The right to vote is the keystone upon which all our rights depend. It is also the law of the land, a birthright won over more than two centuries of strife and struggle, but swindled for less than a mess of pottage. voting has been rendering an act of faith in the corrupt machinery of a voting-industrial complex.
In sharp contrast to the technological sophistry of US voting, basic election integrity is simple and straightforward: All legal votes cast without hindrance, and counted as cast -- manually -- with full transparency of process, count, and recount. Specific provisions entail:
2. Votes manually counted and tallied in full view of any and all observers at close of polls on election night
3. Ballot boxes maintained in full view of any and all observers with no transference prior to tally
4. Full tallies transparently compiled and logged on public internet on election night, along with any and all notes of anomalies, errors, and
5. Registration rolls kept up-to-date through secure, transparent systems.
6. Polls set up at military facilities, embassies, consulates, and other locations outside the U.S. for citizens living abroad; absentee voting strictly limited for exceptional circumstances.
7. Photo ID required of voters in the U.S.; U.S. passports required for citizens living abroad
8. Elections determined by actual votes and legal processes; and specifically not by the media, nor by candidates themselves.
Elections are the collective voice of We the People, the way to hold government accountable, indeed, the only way to make it ours.
Transparency in elections is critical to resolving differences peacefully. Honest, open elections provide an opportunity for all to have their say, even run for office, and have a fair chance to prevail. Under these conditions, those who have lost can accept that they have had their chance, but that the electorate chose otherwise. They will have a chance again in the next election, but they now must abide by the outcome -- not now the case in America.So long as the suspicions are left to fester, the role of elections to confer legitimacy on elected officials has already been lost.
Election integrity is not a Democratic or Republican issue. Changes must be made, and we need to stand together on it. Please join us by signing and circulating this petition to restore legitimacy and integrity to elections in America.
We, the undersigned, urgently call for election integrity in all US federal elections, and the immediate adoption of the eight provisions listed above.