Americans United for Election Integrity
Petition to be presented to any and all needed to make this happen including legislators, executives and judges at local, state and federal levels.
Election integrity is not a Democratic or Republican issue. The right to vote is the keystone upon which all our rights depend. Won through more than two centuries of struggle and strife, it has been made hollow by an entirely unnecessary voting machine industry and other
conveniences that serve to facilitate fraud.
Transparency in every aspect of an election is crucial in order to assure candidates and voters alike that the process is fair. Peaceful transfer of power in a democracy requires a process we can all believe in.
Election integrity is not complex. It simply requires doing what actual democracies actually do: (e.g., Germany, Norway, Netherlands, France, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and many others).
1. In-person voting at a local polling place on any Election Day. Absentee voting restricted to unavoidable absences. Establish polling places at U.S. embassies, consulates and military bases for those abroad.
2. Paper ballots filled out in ink
3. Poll watchers representing all parties and candidates ensured full and effective view of the the entire election process
4. Ballots cast in secure boxes in full view with unbroken chain-of-custody
5. Hand count of all ballots at the local polling place (not the central county facility), immediately upon close of voting
6. Tallies posted on polling place doors and online immediately upon completion of the count
7. Election results comprise the sum of tallies from each individual polling place.
8. New federal Election Integrity laws that eradicate voter suppression, voter fraud, and inaccurate voter roles.
Elections are the collective voice of We the People. They are our means to hold the government accountable. Indeed, they are the only way to make it “our” government. Changes must be made, and we need to stand together on it. Join us. Sign and circulate this petition to restore legitimacy and integrity to American elections.
We, the undersigned demand, and a true democracy dictates, adopting the above fundamental requirements for election integrity.